Dr. Jerm - Helping YOU Achieve Excellence In Life.
Hi, I'm Jeremy N. Johnson, your coach in excellence since 2008. Interested in a life of excellence? Read, watch, and lets connect! Contact Me.
|Share a Testimonial|
1. What Is Your Purpose?This first step to self improvement is to think for a moment about what your purpose for existing is. This is generally not a normal thing to do. It takes getting in a meditation like mode in order to do. Please listen to this relaxing music to help you, you can find it on the left by just clicking on the link that says soothing music. You may need to disable popups in order for this page to display, and once done, play the video and minimize the page the video is on and continue here.
To find your purpose, please get out a piece of paper and a pen. Or open up a word processing document. Once you do this, please put at the top of your document the following words: "I will find my purpose in life today". Read those words, three times. Then read them three more times. Read them again, three more times.
Now spend a few minutes and begin writing down what it is you like to do in your life AND what it is you would like to do. Just jot down lines. You may want to be a pilot, or a professional basketball player, or to have a good relationship with your parents. Or you may just want to get through the day, or to get the courage to talk to a girl at school. It does not matter what it is, just write down what is coming to your mind, each thought on its own line.
The first challenge you are encountering right now is called by me, the 'Great Barrier'. This is an unseen barrier that exists that seeks to block each of us. It seeks to prevent us from becoming more than you are. It seeks to destroy proactivity and good works. Even now as I am typing the words on this page, it seeks to have me instead go watch TV, or to go eat a pizza, or to do anything but provide the helpful information that I am now providing. It tells you to accept that you are poor, that you cannot make it, that you just have to live with how you are.
Fight back, and endure the strain required. You will find that those things which often seem difficult while doing, reap the greatest rewards upon completion. Those things which are easy and require little effort usually have the opposite effect. They leave one empty, tired, void of energy and life. You can do this, do not give up. Let the soothing music finish playing if it hasn't already.
Quite possibly, the great barrier is hindering you. Right down the words, "I will find my purpose in life today" on the next blank line in your document. Read the words, believe the words. Do not get up from your chair or wherever it is you are sitting. If the TV is on, turn it off. If you are surfing sports websites, gossip websites, or are distracted by surfing any website, close it. All that is required of you is simple listening and following of instructions. You do not need to have all the answers, or even some of the answers.
Don't Give Up, You Can Do It
I discovered around 29 years of age the core values that makeup my reason for existing:
- I will strive to use my talents and abilities to their maximum potential.
- I will seek first to understand in all situations before coming to conclusions.
- I will make a concentrated effort to listen to both the speech and actions of others.
- I will first listen in conversations and base what I say on what I'm listening to.
- I will balance my gifts and imperfections by using my understanding of both in all situations.
- I will look towards uplifting, inspiring, and thought provoking things.
- I will understand others by first looking inward at myself and even when I realize the truth in a situation, still allow room for error on my part.
- I will move forward with diligence and determination while at the same time maintaining a sense of reality and need for adjustment.
| Congratulations! You have completed the first phase in self improvement and that is discovering your purpose in life. I would be very interested in hearing what you have found your purpose in life to be. You can click the contact me link on the left to tell me. |
Continue on to the next phase of your self improvement, believing in yourself.